|Home||» Products||» Other Products||» Screw & Barrel|
Screw & Barrel
Screw & Barrel
Sai offers standard application finished screws through flight tipping as well as fully encapsulated screws. This combined with corporate research and development, has enabled Sai to offer barrel material, screw finishes and screw geometries for nearly every extrusion machine and plastics processing application.
Screw designs within the Sai have evolved over several decades from simple single flight Geometries to sophisticated barrier/mixing designs. State-of-the-art advances in screw design have improved the melting and solids conveying capabilities of the single screw extruder, leading to higher productivity. The most significant advances in melting are being realised due to our patented barrier screw geometries Sai can supply almost any size of extrusion screw for almost any application, and also offer a comprehensive rebuilding service too.
Just remember the most important element in any extrusion system is the feedscrew and is responsible for the critical functions of feeding, solid conveying, melting, mixing and pumping.
Feed screw Technology
Our ability to design and manufacture some of the industry's most advanced and efficient feedscrews is one reason we have been an extrusion leader for more than 10 years. With our R&D facilities and team of experienced polymer process engineers, we offer customers world class screw design and technical capabilities.
- Our primary research and development center in Pawcatuck, Connecticut, USA, enables us to research, test, and supply custom feed screw designs.
- Feed screws manufactured from a variety of metals for corrosion and wear resistance.
Screws for Every Application
- Screw sizes range from ½ inch (13mm) to 12 inches (300mm) for single screw, and 40mm to 140mm for counter-rotating twin screw. Screws, including smooth and groove feed designs, can be customized for specific applications.
- Barrier screw technologies are known worldwide for consistently higher output rates, process stability, venting and devolatilization capabilities, distributive and dispersive mixing properties, and minimized polymer degradation.
- Our experienced team of process engineers work with our customers on unique features.
Our primary manufacturing facility is in the single screw production, service, and support. We build one piece barrels ranging in bore size from 1 to 20 inches (25 to 500mm) in diameter and up to 185 inches (4,700mm) long. Two piece barrels are available in lengths ranging from 185 to 295 inches (4,700 to 7,500mm).
- Our alloys provide dramatically enhanced abrasion and corrosion resistance to barrels operating under severe conditions, especially those using filled materials including glass, titanium, dioxide, quartz, talc, mineral oxides and others.
- We can manufacture virtually any barrel including vented, groove-feed, nitrided, jacketed, and re-sleeved.
- New barrels for plastics and rubber applications are designed to last four to five times longer than equivalent nitrided products.
- Around With knowledge of virtually every extruder brand in operation today, we have the expertise, people, and production facilities to supply you with barrels anywhere in the world.